Baird Maritime continues its coverage of the global maritime security industry with the latest in-service ship news, features and reviews from naval and non-naval operators.
Assault Craft • Interceptors • Patrol • Police • Coast Guard • Naval
Featured are a new coastal patrol vessel for South Africa, a high-speed boat for the Italian financial police, a UK-designed and built prototype RIB and an environmental monitoring vessel for a nature reserve in Chinese waters.
The world of maritime security is one of constant technological innovation to keep up with changing times and to meet evolving threats, as readers of Baird Maritime are sure to see in the days to come.
- Zhongguo Hai Jian 7009 – Surveillance vessel for the Nanji Islands Marine Reserve in China [Thursday]
- New UK-built multi-mission RIB for police and military [Wednesday]
- Sekhukhune – The South African Navy will use a locally built vessel for coastal patrols [Tuesday]
- Interceptor with a top speed of 68 knots delivered to the Italian Financial Police [Monday]
News, equipment and book reviews:
Recent Important Features:
NOTICE | The Philippines could be Australia’s most important defense partner in Southeast Asia
– “Canberra must manage Manila’s expectations of what Australia can realistically offer, unless there is a formal alliance.”
– by Euan Graham, Senior Fellow at the International Institute for Strategic Studies
Don’t forget to check back daily to see the latest ship news, opinions and reviews!
Call for content!
We are after:
- Ships – Orders, new deliveries, under construction
- Equipment – Latest innovations and technologies in the sector of maritime security vessels
- Interviews – Owners, operators, water police, navies, coastguards, etc.
- reminiscences – Do you have any exciting, funny or downright dangerous anecdotes about your time in the world of maritime security? (example here)
- Other – Any other relevant news
Keep up to date with upcoming Marine Safety Weeks
Sign up here to be notified in advance of future Maritime Safety Weeks.